- Wiggle Worms , 9:30 a.m. on Mondays, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31. Wiggle Worms is for children from infants to age 2. Children and the adults who accompany them can enjoy storybooks, lap bounces, music, dancing, rhythm activities, fingerplays and more at this special program for babies, active toddlers and adult caregivers.
- Preschool Storytime, 9:30 a.m. on Tuesdays, March 4, 11, 18, 25. Children, ages 3 to 5-years-old and their adult caregivers can attend storytime and enjoy new and classic picture books, puppet stories, finger plays, music and dancing.
- Cat in the Hat event from March 1 to 6. Find the Cat’s hat and win a prize.
- Cover to Cover Club runs from March 1 to April 12. In-N-Out Burger’s Cover to Cover reading program is back. Children completing five books will receive an Achievement Award, good for a free hamburger or cheeseburger at any In-N-Out location. This offer is limited to three awards. Children between the ages of 4 and 12 are eligible to participate.
- Dia Family Book Club at 3:30 p.m.on Thursday, March 6 is for students in kindergarten through third-grade and their families. Those who attend will be reading and discussing “Place Where Sunflowers Grow,” by A. Lee-Tai. This will be followed by a mosaic sunflower craft.
- Scrappin’ in Patterson is from 12 noon to 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, March 8. Join the Patterson Library staff and local scrap booking group, “Scrappin’ in Patterson” for a series of free sessions to get started or work on your scrapbooking/paper crafting projects. These are self-guided sessions although members are available to help. Bring your own materials. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Children’s Craft at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 12. Children can make a cereal butterfly.
- Game Day! at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19. Hang out with your friends at the Patterson Library and make your own bracelet out of rubber bands. The afternoon also includes games, Wii, crafts, snacks and fun.
- Family Law Legal Rights of Unmarried Parents at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19. Join the Patterson Library and local attorneys E.F. Cash-Dudley, Stacy Speiller, and Patricia Torres at a free presentation that will address the laws affecting children of non-married couples.
- Knitting 101 for Adults from 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 20. Participants are invited to join Samantha Taylor of Village Yarns & etc. as she introduces participants to the relaxing art of knitting. Call the Patterson Library to sign up for this class at 892-6473.
The Patterson Branch Library is open Monday and Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 12 Noon to 5 p.m. The library is closed on Friday and Sunday.
For information: Patterson Branch Library, 892-6473